online or call (877) 355-5986 to make a reservation. We only
accept payment by Visa or MasterCard.
• As a 501(c)3 non-profit, Pepper Tree Retreat does not charge
a bed tax. Charges to the retreat, however, are not tax deductible.
• We ask that you contribute to the quiet atmosphere of the
retreat. Please use headphones if you play any audio or video device
(iPod, portable DVD player, radio, CD player, etc. Please be respectful
of your neighbors in surrounding rooms.
• Rooms may be reserved for a single night, or up to 60 nights.
We require a two-night minimum on Fridays & Saturdays, and three
or more nights may be necessary on some holiday and special event
weekends. Special event/holiday weekends, and long-term reservations
require different cancellation periods. Please call us directly
for single night stays at the above times, as we do occasionally
have them available.
• Pepper Tree Retreat is a vegetarian retreat; please do not
cook or consume meat on the premises.
• The retreat is for healthy living. No drugs, alcohol, or
smoking allowed on the premises.
• We accept payment by either Visa or MasterCard. Your card
is charged a 50% deposit when you make your reservation. The balance
is due on registration. See cancellation policy below.
• Rates are based on single or double occupancy, a full catered breakfast is complimentary.
• We are sorry that we cannot accommodate young children (under
12). Minors 12 – 17 must share a room with a parent or guardian.
A rollaway bed for a minor may be added for an additional charge
of $50 per day.
• All reservations can be made at our website online, or by
calling the Pepper Tree Retreat. Reservations are on a first-come,
first-serve basis, and must be secured with a valid credit card.
• Do not burn candles, incense, or other incendiary materials.
No fires are allowed in any fireplace!
• Four guest rooms have their own kitchen--the Lennon Room,
the Banyon Tree Room, the Stravinsky Suite, and the Lawrence Suite. Please keep dishes washed and the kitchen
cleaned; remove all your food from the refrigerator when you check
out. Guests will be responsible for any breakage or missing inventory.
A kitchen clean-up charge will be assessed if the kitchen is not
as it was when rented.
• The Bohm Room and Lennon Room have an adjoining doorway.
Rented together, these two room make a great upstairs apartment.
• We can greet and Check-In guests beginning at 3:00 pm each
day, and up until 6:00pm. Early Check-In is by appointment and availability
at which time we will do our best to accommodate you. Our office
hours are 8:00am-1:00pm and 2:00 to 6:00pm. Please call us to
make arrangements for a late Check-In after 6:00pm.
• Our Check-Out time is 11:00 am. For an additional hourly
charge, we may be able to accommodate a later Check-Out time.
• Effective November 1st 2012, a 1% Ojai tourism fee will be add to all reservations.
• As a small independently owned retreat, cancellations affect us
dearly. Cancellations or changes to an existing reservation will
be accepted by telephone ONLY. NO cancellations via fax or Email.
payments, less a $50 Processing Fee, are refundable when a single
reservation is cancelled 72 hours prior to arrival. If a reservation
is cancelled less than 72 hours prior to arrival, the full amount
of the stay will be charged.
event/holiday weekends and long-term reservations have a cancellation
period of 7 days prior to arrival.
the number of days of a stay is considered the same as a cancellation
and you will be subject to the same policy as stated above. The
minimum stay requirement will still apply.
departures before the scheduled check-out date will constitute a
cancellation and monies will not be refundable. Reservations for
two or more rooms are considered as a single reservation. Therefore
the cancellation policy will apply to a change in the reservation
for each individual room.